What is IELTS?
IELTS is the high-stakes English test for study, migration or work.
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) measures the language proficiency of people who want to study or work where English is used as a language of communication. It uses a nine-band scale to clearly identify levels of proficiency, from non-user (band score 1) through to expert (band score 9).
Why choose IELTS?
Assess English language skills at all levels
Face-to-face speaking for real-life context
Biometric security protects and ensures test integrity
Prepare for your IELTS test with us
Make sure you are ready to demonstrate your English language skills.Study IELTS in a small group with just 4 students or take a one-to-one course.Contact us.
WHAT YOU GET
- Continuous feedback: we give you detailed careful correction and advice on your speaking and writing in class and homework
- Speaking: small group and 1-to-1 courses mean plenty of speaking to build accuracy, fluency, vocabulary, structural range and familiarisation with all parts of the IELTS speaking test
- Writing: study the main task 1 question types and examples of all the key IELTS task 2 topics
- Vocabulary: intensive vocabulary study for active use in stronger writing and speaking and for recognition in listening and reading
- Listening: familiarisation with IELTS listening task types and techniques, accents, content
- Reading: practise IELTS reading by task type, focusing on techniques for most difficult typ
The IELTS test assesses your abilities in listening, reading, writing and speaking – in less than three hours.
There are two types of the IELTS test: IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training. Listening and Speaking are the same for both tests, but the subject matter of the Reading and Writing components differs depending on which test you take.
The Listening, Reading and Writing components of all IELTS tests are completed on the same day, with no breaks in between them.
The Speaking component, however, can be completed up to a week before or after the other tests. Your test centre will advise.
The total test time is 2 hours and 45 minutes.
For more information about our small group and one-to-one courses, please go to GET HELP